Thursday, August 5, 2010

work in progress #2




This is the very very beginning of my fabric still life. I'm pretty new to charcoals so I tried looking up some videos on youtube, but they weren't very helpful. Maybe I didn't search the right thing, any suggestions?















Here are a couple of my trees. I tried to work on negative space but it was hard because I realized too late that I had drawn the main trees first and then it was hard to get in the backgrounds without smudging what I had already drawn.
























Pears #3

I still need to work on the wood table a little more and a few touch ups on the pears. I'm not really sure how to get more detail on the stems or how to make them more real. I'm probably going to work on the middle 2 a little more, but I like the outer two.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be afraid to just go with the charcoal drawing. It's really no different than pencil, just messier. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete